Monday, April 07, 2003

AWYHIGTC is on hiatus pending new revenue streams, er, irony streams.

No, I think that's pretty ironic.

The height of pseudo-intellect is repeatedly using vague literary concepts to convey a sense of jadedness and/or sophistication. Vanity Fair has repeatedly turned down my articles though. Maybe I can write one of those reviews in art sections of newspapers like the Globe that say nothing and everything at the same time.

I think Bloggo-Richardic relations are frigid at best, so it's my new goal to win him over.



Oh, the cedar tree!
If mankind in his infancy
had prayed for the perfect substance
for all material and aesthetic needs,
an indulgent god could have provided
nothing better.

- Bill Reid

There. Moving on....

One thing I've picked up in my extensive readings is that the Western media is explicitly lying to me, unless it's showing pictures of mutilated Iraqi children, in which case it is somehow telling the truth. Another thing I've picked up is that a British accent somehow makes you superior, unless you're in Britain, where you obviously don't speak with an accent.

Adeel v. Hatherly et al enters Week 10 with no signs of dissipation.

Adeel v. Tolstoy enters page 80 with no signs of dissipation.

*shudders*

No comments: