Saturday, December 25, 2004

That play right there, where Brett Favre managed to stop the clock for a measurement, speaks volumes for how good of a player he is. He's been plainly outplayed statistically by Culpepper, but man, if Favre had receivers like Culpepper...

I assume no one was watching, so I'll explain: the Packers faced third down and six with 25 seconds to go and no timeouts, Favre completed a pass that looked to be just shy of the first down and the clock was running. Shrewdly, he asked for a measurement, stopping the clock for long enough for Green Bay to get their field goal unit on the field. Needless to say, they were a foot short and the 42-yard attempt was good.

In semi-related news, Daunte Culpepper has a chance at about 4800 yards and 40 touchdowns this year. It's a shame that no one cares. It must have been really easy to stash Culpepper on your fantasy team away from Manning et al. I think, or at least this is how I do it, that fantasy football is largely about drafting and identifying players that play well under the radar. Nate Burleson would be a prime example in my case.

What the hell have I been doing for the last four days? Working, drinking coffee and not running. The lattermost is really frustrating. Nevertheless, I'd like to toss two mangy scraps onto the heap:

149. Eve's Christmas
150. Jack Frost


I'm not sure what part of an anthropomorphic snowman is supposed to be wholesome and in keeping with the spirit of Christmas, but it's fucking scary.

No comments: