Monday, February 27, 2006

I am unable to write anything cogent because I am preoccupied with removing the stench of yesterday's indoor two-mile race from the essence of my being. I think I ran a slightly faster time than septogenarian phenom Ed Whitlock, who was in the middle of three heats (I was in the third) but I think I ran the slowest race I have ever run on that track. It was also the most casual approach to a race I have ever taken, I've never before treated a race as a "workout". There were a number of things going against me yesterday circumstantially. I will not list them because I don't think they would have done much to mitigate my performance, and it would defeat the point of not making excuses. I ran very poorly because I simply wasn't trained to run at two-mile pace.

No comments: