Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It all started one day when Riyaad and I went for a run and decided to run on the frozen Etobicoke Creek. We fell in many times and so began our mutual appreciation for puzzling journeys on which we bit off more than we could chew. One day we decided to walk to the end of Yonge Street and back. Once we decided to run a half marathon and I still haven't beaten Riyaad's time. Another time we decided to spend the night in a parking lot in SUV in Sudbury. Yet another time we decided to portage carrying the Andrea Doria. The results were disastrous, but that's how I managed to snag my current place.

Anyway, if you haven't heard by now, we're going to Whitehorse by bus on Friday. We'll travel a little under 12,000 km by road in 10 days. It will take about 3 days to go one way. If you have any suggestions for things to do in Thunder Bay, Red Deer, North Battleford, Saskatoon, Dawson Creek (besides re-runs of the popular television show) or, God knows, Whitehorse, please let me know.

This blog won't be entirely idle for the duration of the trip. I've arranged with Jennifer out there in Readerland to convert one terse text message per day to a blog post. I'll try and keep it as non-sequitur and morose as possible.

No comments: