Sunday, October 07, 2007

The bus ride from Ann Arbor to Chicago took longer than I realized, but they got there around 2:30 PM CDT. Here are some more texts I received during that portion of the trip, along with some from Chicago:

(10:42 AM CDT)
Adeel: I'm in Kalamazoo.
Jennifer: I love that name.
Adeel: Yeah, me too. It's home to Western Michigan University. They have a bigger stadium than we do and a separate track. Then again, we get an education.

Later: (1:12 PM CDT)

Adeel: We're coming up to Gary...
Jennifer: I always think of that camp song.
Adeel: ??
Jennifer: A song about Gary, Indiana.
Adeel: I've never heard of of, it's safe to say. Way to date yourself.

(Adeel loves to tease me about my age. The song is actually from the musical "The Music Man". And despite what Adeel may tell you, I'm not actually quite as old as the song.)

And a bit later: (2:53 PM CDT)
Adeel: We're in Chitown. Black people really do talk like that and the food is great.
Jennifer: Great! What did you eat?
Adeel: Chili dog. I was talking to Riyaad about how I'm 21 years old and I've never had one.

The rest of the day seemed to be devoted to seeing the city and the sights. It's very hot in Chicago, which will make for a very difficult marathon tomorrow. I look forward to hearing more about it and seeing the pictures.

No comments: