Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Laura has asked me, among other things, to:

# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.

I will disregard the rest of her injunction, but do my best to come up with 7 odd facts about myself, preferably new ones.

1) I once took a bus from Toronto to the Yukon in the middle of February, which is a 12,000-kilometre round trip. I'm sure all of you know this, but this probably has to be at the top of the list.

2) I can't drive, cycle, swim, skate or make myself a cup of coffee. I also don't drink, making myself a designated passenger. I realize that's also a known.

3) The first time I ever ran, I did fairly well for someone who was otherwise absurdly unathletic. Then I found out that it was just the warm-up. The workout that day was to run 6 hill repeats. I did half of the first one and then sat down on the ground for the rest of the workout.

4) I won the history award at my high school graduation, which made me the best history student in the school, I think. The first question of the first test in that class asked me to identify the weapon that revolutionized warfare in the 15th-century. I chose (c), the atom bomb.

5) When I was in Pakistan, we once drove into a buffalo. Everyone was okay, including the car.

6) I once spent three hours walking around an abandoned factory with four complete strangers. One of them knew the area because it was close to the Metro West Detention Centre, where he'd recently spent some time.

7) Someone once asked me in high school, "so Allah is the Buddhist god, right?"

No comments: