Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I have a very peculiar habit of typing my Wikipedia queries directly into the address bar. For example, if I want to know the population of Portland, Oregon, I'll just type 'en' to bring up past Wikipedia pages I've visited, and then replace whatever comes up at the top (currently 24) with what I want to read about. I usually just assume that what I'm looking for has an article written about it, and guess with titles like 'human knee' and '2000 Summer Olympics'. I'm usually bang on, but the result is that I have a lot of typos in there (Kosov(o), Nagoy(a)).

Anyway, since I spend at least one hour a day and frequently more than 3-4 hours reading Wikipedia, I thought I'd try a new feature where I share what I've been reading, both for your edification and as an insight into my boring life. In somewhat alphabetical order:

George Wallace
Easter Island
Confusion Corner
Rwanda
Dirk Nowitzki
Gore Vidal
Kaye Lani Rae Rafko
Mango
World
Lake Havasu

No comments: