Monday, September 08, 2008

I started watching the Jaguars and Titans yesterday, but it was boring. Instead, I reverted to that old, familiar past-time of rooting for the Patriots to lose. That's one of the blessings of watching low-quality football on your laptop. I started watching just after Tom Brady left the game with a knee injury. In the end, the Chiefs came up short, losing 17-10 after missing on four chances instead the Patriots' 10 in the final minute. I went to bed at 6 am today and it wasn't until I woke up that I got the good news: Tom Brady is probably gone for the season.

I wouldn't have wished this on Brady, at least not seriously, but now that it has happened, I have to admit that I'm oddly happy. This is, of course, the same team that played so childishly last year and called it "playing all out" because this is football, not a group therapy session. Well, this is football, gladiators fighting close to the death (Brady was one of 7 star players injured yesterday) in the Rome of our time, and I'm glad that I won't have to watch him play until 2009.

At any rate, here's a funny video:

No comments: