Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Even though I successfully called the Jets' upset of the undefeated Titans, I was 8-8 against the spread in last week's football games, which, as Andre is already thinking, is only as good as random chance. As a result, I will predict this week's games by flipping a coin. The coin to be used is a United States silver dollar featuring Andrew Jackson (editor's note: the coin is actually gold). Let's see if Old Hickory can smoke out a winning record this week.

If the coin lands featuring the visage of Martin van Buren's predecessor, I will pick the home team; if it features the morbidly obese French immigrant to America, I'll pick the visiting team.

(Bonus historical fact: Andrew Jackson should not be confused, a mistake I made, with Reconstruction-era president Andrew Johnson. Jackson was president from 1829-37, in that period of American history about which I know little save its obscure presidents.)

The dollar picks:

Lions, Seahawks, Eagles, Ravens, Browns, Panthers, Buccaneers, Redskins, 49ers, Falcons, Chiefs, Patriots, Jets, Bears, Texans.

No comments: