Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I must say, this seems capricious and arbitrary

This space, at least after its first few years, has never really been about what it is that I do. The last two months were different, but in general, I try not to write about the daily events of my life. This is ironic because the name of this blog is from Dean Jones' pronunciation, "[as] far as I can tell, your entire enterprise is little more than a solitary man with a messy apartment, which may or may not contain a chicken". Those of you with literature backgrounds will be able to conclude that the chicken, which Kramer endeavours to catch with his intern's help and I endeavour to catch with your help, is a symbol for the longing and loneliness in my life. Those of you with experience on the Internet's many message boards will recognize that it's really just a bad attempt at being funny that somehow managed to last six years.

I didn't like to write write about my daily life until I discovered Woofer, a more loquacious, mendacious and salubrious form of Twitter, which requires a minimum of 1400 characters per post. Here is the first update, in alarmingly large font.

No comments: