Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in review

Overall, this was probably the most eventful year of my life. This was also the most eventful decade of my life (and will likely remain this way), since I finished middle school, high school and university, but that's a boring topic. Here are some of the things I did this year:

- I visited 15 countries, including Kyrgyzstan
- I ran a bad marathon
- I bought a $3 Nike gymbag and a $10 latte
- I became a discriminating purchaser of the various instant coffee packets of East Asia, as well as Korean strawberry milk
- I read Crime and Punishment
- I celebrated my birthday alone in Tokyo
- I wrapped up the 7th year of this blog, established in March 2003
- I ate yak meat, a $4 donut, fried octopus, steak twice a day for a week, 10-cent shishkebabs and copious amounts of raw beef and fish
- I learned to exist in progressively smaller places, such that I can both turn on the water in my bathroom as well as open the front door without moving from this chair

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like the new format of your blog. :)

Janet said...

Have you tried Denmark strawberry yogurt milk? That stuff is goood.... ^^