Sunday, January 08, 2012

First-round NFL playoff predictions

I had planned some sort of elaborate scheme involving which team's colours my two-month-old nephew preferred, much like the time I used a 500-yen coin to do the same, but we're out of time and he's sleeping. Instead, I'll share my crappy record at predicting playoff games in recent years while lamenting once again that, once upon a time when I was 11 years old, I predicted all but one game correctly in the NFL playoffs. The only one I got wrong? When the Giants blew a 9-point lead at home with less than 2 minutes to go.

I was 4-7 two years ago and 5-6 last year. This year, I will be better than random chance. For this week, I predict, without explanation, the Texans, Saints, Giants and Steelers.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hope you are right. I keep having visions of my Saints loss to the Seahawks in the first round last year.

Adeel said...

Anything can happen, of course, but I think the Saints are the better team. I want the Lions to win because I always root for Detroit in football, baseball and life (someone has to!) but I think it'd have to be an upset based on the Saints' talent, experience and home-field advantage.

If nothing else, I hope it's an entertaining game because it has the potential to be one.